The town’s former coach station is now a lively square
One of the parts of town that remains lively throughout the year is Plaça del Parc, at the foot of the curtain wall linking the Sant Joan and Sant Pere bastions. This area is replete with popular terraces, bars and restaurants as well as some shops and businesses. The square was formerly the coach station, where residents and visitors from the villages would leave their coaches and working animals while they went about their business. In 1946 it was inaugurated as a square, though it subsequently underwent many reforms and much deterioration.
At the close of the 20th century it was remodelled and given the structure it has today, which includes a ‘walk of fame’ with concrete slabs featuring the names and handprints of local celebrities. On summer evenings it is home to a small crafts market.