An old modernist factory that is today a cultural centre
Can Ventosa was the first factory for tights and yarn socks. In a modernist
style, it was built in 1925 and ended up housing 115 women and a number of men. In 1935, it operated under the name “Calcetería Hispánica Can Ventosa”, until it closed in 1953. After decades of being used for military logistics, it became the property of the Town Hall. In the 1990s it was remodelled and extended to house the city’s main cultural centre, with a theatre, library and other facilities.