A 17th century church with important frescos, next to the Santo Domingo convent
The church in the Santo Domingo convent, today known as San Pedro church, was erected in the 17th century in Dalt Vila. It is the second biggest temple on the island, after the Santa María Cathedral. It stands out for its frescos in the main vault, created by the Mallorcan painter, Matas, in 1884.
It also stands out for the adornment of its eleven side chapels, especially the chapel of Santo Cristo del Cementerio, an icon that has been venerated since the olden days. The main altar has a baroque reredos crafted in Genova, where the architects who designed the church came from. The central point is held by a statue of San Vicente Ferrer. On the outside, the slate covered vaulted roof on the side chapels stands out.