Sant Ciriac Chapel

Erected by the Town Hall in 1754, in honour of the city’s patron

Sant Ciriac Chapel is at the beginning of the street of the same name and is very close to the Convent de Ses Monges Tancades.

It is a chapel for common worship which Eivissa City Council ordered to be built in 1754 in honour of Sant Ciriac, the patron saint of the city since 1650, whose feast day on 8th of August coincides with the celebration of the Catalan conquest of 1235. Inside the chapel, the simulated tunnel entrance below the altar depicts the arrival of the Christian conquistadors.